It’s officially summer! Looking for a fun refreshing treat to enjoy al fresco!?! Try making the Frosé made famous by Bar Primi. Think you need to be a master mixologist??? We tried many recipes and found two that were easy for anyone to recreate.
The Simplest Option:
- 3/4 cup of rosé of your choice
- 4 cups of ice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup ( sugar and water)
Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass of your choosing, garnish with a strawberry, serve and celebrate!
- 1 750 ml bottle bold rosé
- ½ cup (112 g) sugar
- 2 cups (8 ounces) strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon, (2½ ounces) fresh lemon juice
- Pour rosé into a 9×13 pan and freeze for 6 hours. It won’t solidify completely due to the alcohol, but it should get firm.
- Stir together 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and continually stir until sugar completely dissolves—about 3 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat and immediately add the strawberries. Let the mixture sit at room temp for 30 minutes to heighten the flavor.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a small bowl. Discard strawberries. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scrape frozen rosé into a large blender. Add lemon juice, 3 1/2 ounces (slightly less than 1/2 cup) strawberry syrup and 1 cup crushed ice. Pureé until smooth. (You can also had a little Vodka for an extra punch)
Check out Bar Primi to enjoy the original Frosé. Bar Primi is located at 325 Bowery, New York, NY 10003